Work site

| This blog is linked "hyperlink" with my main work site. | => www.alvinsite.com <=
Do visit my website and provide feedback (for further improvement). I appreciate your time for providing feedback. ^^

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Arrangement of various songs... [To be continued...]

During my holidays before a month ago, I've spent some time in arranging some of my favorite music. Will list down some of my favorite videos I've recorded earlier.

Avatar Theme - By Leona Lewis

I've always wanted to arrange this beautiful music, composed by James Horner - I See You. The lyric bought up significant meaning that straightforwardly portray most of the infinitesimal plots and stories of this epic film - Avatar. I screwed up a little during the recording phrase. The audio is a little distorted because I did not realized that microphone boast was tuned up to 2.5x, therefore voices of horn, brass or strings may sounds indistinct. Last part of this song was ended with a beautiful choir along with Leona's belting voice - arranged with rich strings ,cello elements, both sweet and pan flute combination in the beginning of this song.

After completed this song, I would have to say the transition of keys and melodies of this song was indeed beautifully composed by the legendary composer - James Horner. All these while I was captivated by a sentence from the lyric of this magnificent song - "Your love shines the way into paradise, So I offer my life as a sacrifice
...I live through your love". Amazing, it was captivating indeed.

When You Believe - By Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey
This timeless piece is a duet of two most fearsome divas in music industry during the 90's, both Whitney Houston [Known as The Voice] and Mariah Carey [Known as Songbird] together they create a miracle to the world by having a duet of this inspirational song. Basically, Whitney was known of her strong voice, the power in mid belts and crystal clear, crisp voice she had even when she's belting or gone to head note was out of the world! not to forget, the amazing vibrato, emotions she tapped and execute  in most of her songs was... marvelous..! Whitney's tonal was unique and simply it was the best, I've not heard any voices like Whitney's that would literally captivate me whenever I'm listening to her songs. simply THE VOICE. Meanwhile Mariah was known of her distinct color in her voice, with angelic tonal. and of course, her extensive vocal range- cover up to 5 octaves was astonishing. she could execute notes from her lower to upper range in lightning speed, incredibly fast and accurate. Mariah's agile voice with an extensive range would allow her to sing from whispering notes to light/ring belts effortlessly and she's known for using her whistle registers in most of her songs.

This version I'm playing is produced by Babyface, a well-known music producer. Whitney voice was allotted to Alto sax since her range is considerably powerful and strong in mid range notes meanwhile Mariah was assigned with Soprano sax due to her extensive range in this music spamming from G3 to the high note of G6 with beautiful runs and whispery sweet notes while Whitney's voice emphasizes on its spectacular timbre quality and several inflections in this music with both whitney's and mariah's strong mid belts during the bridge. I've to include another section for the choir background, as the gospel inspired background bought up singers to join the song. This music was substantially hard to play because both of their part, Mariahs and Whitneys were written in different keys throughout the song and it was inverted three times during different phrases of this song. 


No comments:

Post a Comment